Thursday, July 16, 2009

June

We have had quite a month filled with lots of excitement and new beginnings. On June 2, 2009, I took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive! I could hardly believe it. I told James the news and of course he was also excited. We sat together on our couch in our living room talking and hugging with huge smiles on our faces. Then one moment, we kind of stopped and looked at each other, and said, "What did we just do?! Our entire lives are going to change!"

The moment of shock still lingers a bit in the back of our minds. We want to be good parents, and the preparation and planning that goes into having a baby can be overwhelming. But we know that this is the right time for us to start our family, and so we are filled with anticipation of this whole experience.

We drove to San Antonio that weekend to tell my parents the news. It was close to my mom's birthday so we put the test in a box as a present. She already guessed what it was before she opened it! It was still really cool though and we celebrated together, and decided that dad is going to be called "PeePaw." We were talking about funny grandparent names and picked that one out for him as a joke. We've gotten everyone to call him that and he gets annoyed by it, it is so hilarious!

The next day we went to Kingsville and told James' family during dinner. James wanted me to just blurt out the news randomly during the middle of dinner, so that's what I did. It was so random that it was funny.


We went to get our first ultrasound when I was 7 weeks pregnant. It was pretty amazing to be able to see the little baby and to hear the heart beating. It made everything seem more real--it's actually happening!

This is a picture of me on the same day that we went to the doctor. I wanted to mark the "beginning" of this pregnancy.

We have visited some baby stores here and there since we found out the news. Here is a picture of James pushing a stroller. So cute!


For Father's day, I got James one of the "cookie bouquets" that the youth were passing out to Fathers.My aunt and uncle came to visit a few weekends ago and brought us a little gift to celebrate our good news. Of course we don't know if it is a boy or a girl yet so hopefully either one will be able to wear these cute outfits. So these are our first official baby clothes!


Overall I have been feeling pretty good. A lot of fatigue and some nausea, but it really varies from day to day. I hope to be getting some of my energy back soon! I will try to keep this blog current with future changes and updates. :)

1 comment:

The Woodland's said...

Congratulations! That is so neat and you will be great parents!