Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Fun in August

August was a really great month. We have had many opportunities to enjoy time together as a family. We have been taking Grant swimming quite a bit and he REALLY enjoys it! He loves to kick, kick, kick and bounce and splash all over the place. It is a joy to see him discover and enjoy new things.

James and I had a couple's getaway for a short weekend. My mom graciously watched Grant while James and I stayed the night in the Hotel Contessa on the Riverwalk in San Antonio (pics to come later). We had the EXACT same room that we had on our wedding night! We had a wonderful dinner and got to just RELAX! It was wonderful. I slept for 15 hours, I couldn't believe it! In the morning, James and I got couple's massages. Can I just say it was amazing? We really missed Grant, but we enjoyed our little "vacation."

We entered the WHATABURGER'S BIGGEST FAN contest!



If you didn't already know, James and I met while working at Whataburger. We love it and it is our "special place." So we made a video and entered! If you want to know more about it, watch our video entry!

HERE IT IS!

Also, Grant turned 7 MONTHS OLD! I know I say this in practically every post, but I can hardly believe it! Time is going by so quickly. My baby is getting big!!! My love for him grows every day. He moves EVERYWHERE now and is determined when he wants something. He loves to talk, talk, talk! He tries to get into all kinds of mischief like chewing on cords and shoes, flinging baby food everywhere, etc. He will do his army crawl towards whatever he wants (toys, person, etc.). He LOVES his play time, so don't interrupt it or you are IN FOR IT! haha.



Here is us at a Hook's game. Grant loved looking around everywhere, hanging out with Dad in his carrier. He is so interested in the world around him.


Grant got to come with me to my friend Misty's wedding. We had a great time and the ceremony & ocean view were beautiful.


Here is Grant playing with his friend JJ. He is getting more interactive every day!

2 comments:

Trina said...

I love your July and August blogs!JJ loves playing with Grant! And swimming too! It's soo cute seeing Grant learn new expressions, sounds, and tricks!

The Woodland's said...

Congrats on being the 2nd biggest WhataBurger fan! That's awesome! Glad you guys had such a fun summer!