
Enjoying a baseball game at Whataburger Field
Taking pictures at a Whataburger in San Antonio on our wedding day (and yes, we did get a bite to eat there-but through the drive through!)
After the Whataburger's Biggest Fan contest ended on September 30th, we received a call that we had won second place! I had been hoping and anticipating for the call all day at work. It was difficult to focus because I was just so on edge to know what the results were! Some people might think it's a little silly to get so excited about such a contest, but I guess the fact that I AM so excited just shows how much we really are the biggest fans!
Unfortunately we did not get first place. An older couple from Rockport, TX took first place after stating that they had eaten over 5,000 Whataburgers over the course of their lives together! They also had a very cute story, but I wish we had gotten first place, of course.
You can watch the video here:
So what happened next was getting set up to have an interview and our pictures taken. We just did that this past weekend and had a blast. We talked about how James and I met at Whataburger, some of the fun memories and experiences that we had working there getting to know customers, etc. We also talked about how we are always telling everyone we meet about Whataburger, how great it is, what is best on the menu, and convincing them to eat there! All our friends and coworkers know that about us and were so excited about the contest. Thanks to everyone that supported us!
We then had a photoshoot in front of "Whataburger on the Bay" which is right off of Ocean Drive near downtown Corpus Christi. It is a two story Whataburger. We picked that one because it is really neat looking, a great location, and I have always thought it was SO fun to have a two story Whataburger. I remember when James took me there for the first time several years ago. We were visiting Kingsville together, down from College Station, and I met his parents for the first time. We took a day trip into Corpus to go see the Lexington and we took each other's pictures on the balcony at Whataburger. I remember thinking it was the COOLEST thing ever!
This is a part of a scrapbook page that I made with us from that day. The middle one is just a random day when we were working.
And these pics were taken at the same Whataburger a few years later shortly after we got engaged.


The photoshoot was a unique experience. It was very low key but I never realized how difficult it could be to continuously hold a smile, keep my hair from blowing in my face, balancing on heels on a step stool, hold my head in a certain place all while holding a baby, trying to get him to look at the camera, making noises and snapping our fingers to get his attention all the while trying to hold a pose to be ready for 'the moment' when the conditions were right for the picture, lol!
The pictures will be used in a book about Whataburger's history and the video interview and pictures will be presented at the convention in April (which is when we will get our free coupons as well--we still don't have 'em yet, ya'll, but that's ok). I am hoping we will get some copies of the pictures before then. I saw a preview of the pictures and they look really neat! I enjoyed feeling 'special' for the day but it's certainly not something I would want to do every day, haha.
And I want to publicly say THANK YOU to James for putting up with me and my nervousness and also with the long day of pictures. He, as a typical guy, doesn't seem to get quite as much enjoyment out of taking tons of pictures, haha! So thanks honey for being such a great sport! We wouldn't have met if it weren't for Whataburger, so it is so great to have so many details about our family and relationship documented so well. :)
From then...

A compilation of some of our favorite work shirts!
...Till now!!!




And now we are officially the SECOND BIGGEST FANS!
3 comments:
I love that you got 2nd place! (I really do think you're the biggest fan) Congrats!
I love it! I am excited to see the photos from the photo shoot! And you are definitely the most excited fans I have ever met! :)
Congrats on getting 2nd place! That's so neat! I love the story of how you met there. You guys are so cute together!
Post a Comment