Where do I even start with the month of May? There are 7 family birthdays in that month, including both mine and James'. Other activites included Mother's Day, a trip to San Antonio, a trip to the ER, running in my first relay marathon, reaching a new weight loss milestone, and as usual watching Grant learn new things. It was probably one of the busiest months we've had lately.
Mother's Day we enjoyed a quiet afternoon together and James made a pot roast for a nice dinner for us to have together. It made me feel very special and loved. Grant loves to play with the balloon that they got me (it still hasn't completely deflated yet!). He just stares at it all the time and point to it. He loves to pull the ribbon to move it around and will often hug it and press it against his face. It is pretty funny.
Later that week James turned 26! James had been wanting to go to PF Chang's for a long time and I usually never want to go there, so I thought it would be the perfect place to take him for his birthday. His parents met us there and the food was great. Grant was not very happy though so we had to take turns taking him outside.
The end of the week turned sour when I started getting pain in my ear. I get ear infections often so I knew what was coming. I left work early on a Thursday and went to a clinic to get checked out. It took me a few hours to finally get seen and the doctor wrote me a prescription. By Saturday things were much worse and I kept hoping things would improve but they went downhill instead. On Sunday I made the decision to go to the ER. I was in excruciating pain and I did not want to go back to the same clinic that did not prescribe me effective medication. I went to Bay Area and was the only person in the entire ER so I got seen right away and the doctor knew exactly what to do for me. I was so grateful! I was in and out of the ER in less than an hour. The only bad part is that I just got the bill in the mail!!! Yikes!!!
I reached some new fitness goals in May. I reached the 30 pounds milestone in weight loss! It felt so great to reach that accomplishment and to feel more confident and healthy. I have so much more energy and I feel like I am able to do so many more things. One of those things is running. I have never been a runner (and still am not) but I made a goal to run in a race and kept training for it. I feel very happy that I reached that goal when I ran in the Beach to Bay relay marathon on May 21st. My leg was about 4.5 miles and I ran a little over 3 miles and walked the rest. I wanted to run the entire thing but getting sick and the heat made things difficult for me. But I am still happy with all of the progress I made and I accomplished what I set out to do.
My teammates were such an inspiration to me. They did awesome and I'm glad that we could all support each other. I loved our shirts, we got several compliments on them. They said: Team MST-We're not slow, we're on Mormon Standard Time! LOL. We came in 149th place out of 351 women's teams.
I was surprised on my birthday to see my office decorated by my coworkers when I got there. We all had cupcakes later on, too. I turned 27 this year and James, Grant, and I celebrated my birthday by going to lunch together to Olive Garden. It had been forever since we had gone there due to dieting, so this was a special yummy treat. It was so nice seeing my family in the middle of the day. It is wonderful to celebrate occasions together. Seeing Grant just lights up my day. My birthday present from James was a nice, LONG, backrub which was heavenly and EXACTLY what I wanted!
James finished the Spring semester with great grades and shortly after started his Maymester class (rapid course). It was a rough 2.5 weeks since he had class and/or group meetings and homework every single night. But the good part is it's over now and he has another class complete that is helping him to finish his degree faster. I'm proud of him! He will be taking three more summer classes in the next two months.
We had a nice trip to San Antonio at the end of the month to visit family and to see our friends get sealed to their little boy. They adopted him last year and now since everything has been finalized we were able to witness him be welcomed into their eternal family. It was a beautiful ceremony and the look of pure joy on their faces was very touching.
Every year that passes by, I just can't believe all that has happened. I love my family and our life together, and it just keeps getting better. :) The rest of the summer will be crazy busy, so stay tuned!



No comments:
Post a Comment