Friday, September 16, 2011

Sweet Moments

There are few things sweeter than being a part of a life changing experience, whether that be in your own life or that of others. In July I got to meet my newborn nephew, Liam!


 He was so tiny and cute!


 Proud mommy!


Aunt Karyn and Liam! 


It was so great getting to finally meet him.  I forgot how tiny newborns are.  It seems like ages since Grant was that little.  Time really does fly and you hardly seem to notice how much they've grown and changed until you get to take a look back.  Grant and I went over to help Pat and Mel home from the hospital and settle in.  I was so glad we could be there.  It felt so special to hold such a brand new little angel.

We also had the chance to attend the wedding for some family friends of the Gardiners.  It was a beautiful ceremony.  The reception was held in downtown San Antonio in the St. Anthony hotel.  I really loved that part, because that is where my Nana and Grandpa had their wedding reception around  60 years ago!  It was kind of like part of me could go back in time and imagine what it might have been like for them.


 Congrats to Amy and Elias!


The beautiful San Antonio temple


The whole hotel was beautiful and had so much history. We took a little tour around and took a few pictures while we let Grant explore a little.
 



What a great couple of fun filled weekends in San Antonio.  Memories to treasure.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I loved visiting San Antonio when we lived near there. Great pictures. We miss you guys.

James & Kristen said...

We miss you too! What's going on lately? Update your blog. :)