Sunday, October 12, 2008

Recipes

So I made something new tonight for dinner...and it turned out prtty good! We usually eat a lot of frozen food and the same things each week because we are so busy. James is a great cook and he has several things that he likes to make, also. I'm excited because I've made several new things lately and they have been yummy. I am proud that I am learning new things...so I have decided to make a list of some things that I can make now.


Things I have always made:

Spaghetti
Tacos
Hamburgers
Meatloaf
Chicken and Rice Cassarole

New things I have learned to make since being married:

Baked Chicken & Scalloped Potatoes
Cornbread Taco Bake Cassarole
Homeade chicken strips and fries
Pasta with garlic butter sauce
King Ranch Chicken
Black Bean Cassarole (what I made tonight! mmm)

Hopefully I can keep adding to this list. I really like trying new things (as long as they are relatively simple). Following recipes isn't that hard! :)

2 comments:

Jackie Elizabeth said...

Have you ever made spagetti & put chicken ontop? mmm Ben made that for me one night at my house, and its simple, but yet very yummy! makes me want some! Ben likes to cook, and he used to come to my house all the time and either he'd fix me dinner or we'd fix it together =)

James & Kristen said...

Yeah, I have done that once or twice...it is good! To make things faster, I like to buy pre-cooked breaded chicken breasts (the kind that come in the bag)...so that way, all you have to do is heat it up and then put it on top. It helps when you are in a hurry. Don't you love it when your man is a good cook?!