So...it's been a while since we last updated. A lot of little things have changed in the past month or two.
James is now a full time student! He is taking Accounting, Economics, Government, Biology, Business Computer Information Systems, and Weight Lifting at Del Mar college. So far, he's been doing well in his classes and getting awesome grades. He's enjoying being able to focus on school.
I'm still working full time at the University. I got a raise, which was really nice for us since James isn't working right now. I also started back with my MBA classes for the Fall. I am taking Finance and Economics. So far, it has been really intense. My economics professor gives us A LOT of reading and my Finance class is extremely fast paced. We've already had a take home test and an exam in Finance. The take home test took me 4 hours to complete. I was really scared for the in class exam, but it was actually a little easier than I thought it would be. So...these classes have kept me extremely busy. Most days I really wish I had more free time...but I know that it is good for me to try and get through school right now. I'm grateful for the opportunity to do so, and grateful for employment that helps support both of us and reduces the cost of attending school.
In other news...I got released from my calling at church. I was in the Young Women presidency, but all of us in YW got released. I'm now in the Relief Society presidency (for those who don't know, that's the worldwide women's organization at church. I'd be helping at the local level for our congregation). I'm pretty excited about it. I will miss working with the girls, we had a lot of fun...but I'm ready for a new challenge. :)
We've been having fun following the political debates lately. It will be interesting to see how things end up next month. :)
2 comments:
What's your new calling? I'm the Enrichment Counselor...we should talk. So far, this is a wicked stressful calling.
We're coming down this weekend - hopefully I'll get to see you!! Loves!
I'm 2nd counselor in R.S.--Enrichment counselor, I guess. So far I haven't done a whole lot, but do have a few things I need to get started on!
Post a Comment