Friday, December 11, 2009

Baby Gardiner Update

On Monday we went to get an ultrasound to measure the baby. He is still measuring at 35 weeks (which is what I measured at 3 weeks ago...so he's only 3 weeks bigger instead of 6 weeks). So we are kind of catching up to where he should be. He looked so big in the ultrasound! His head measurements are off the charts and he has long legs. Based on his measurements, the ultrasound estimated that his current weight is 4 pounds, 12 ounces (about a pound bigger than average), and estimated due date was January 20th. My official due date has not changed from February 4th, but I'm going to be ready for him to come early anyway!

Here are a few pictures from our ultrasound at 31weeks and 5 days:

We have also been using the small pieces of free time we have to work on the nursery. James has put a lot of work into assembling the crib, painting the walls, and putting up this cute border. James did all of this a while back as a surprise to me. He is so wonderful! We are going with a safari theme and I absolutely love it. I think the baby decorations are more for the parents than the kid! I think it's just something that is a part of the experience that helps you to feel connected with the baby while getting ready for him.
James and I are both excited for the semester to be over. I turned in my final project to complete my Master's program and I should be graduating on Saturday, the 19th! I am so excited and relieved that I am finally done. A lot of hard work has gone into this program and I feel so grateful to have had the opportunity to gain the knowledge and experience that I have so far. And we are also so excited that James now only has one year left for his Bachelor's! He has been working so hard and making good grades, I am so proud of him! He is so much more diligent at studying than I ever was.

We can't wait to celebrate the holidays with our families and look forward to the upcoming events of 2010!!!





2 comments:

The Woodland's said...

It looks like things are going well with the pregnancy. I'm so glad! The nursery looks great! Good job, James! Hope you two have a wonderful Christmas!!

Tyler and Jess said...

Love the theme! SO cute! Man, it's coming up! Good luck with the delivery and congrats on graduating with your MASTERS! that's amazing, what an accomplishment! :)