Well we had a great Thanksgiving break! I got to spend a lot of time in San Antonio with my family and had a friend from Virginia, Jackie, come and visit me!Thanksgiving day was great. Lots of great food and family. It was nice to spend time with family that I don't get to see as often as I'd like and hang out with my siblings. We watched the UT/A&M game that evening and BOY, was it exciting! Everyone was surprised at how well A&M played. It was the most yards in history during an A&M/UT game...there was constant action on the field. In the end, A&M was outscored but it was still a great game.
Friday the girls went and ventured out for Black Friday. We just got a few things at Kohl's but decided to call it a day after that. You had to wait an hour and fifteen minutes just to check out! How insane!


Later I showed Jackie a little around town and we went back and relaxed at my parent's house. James went to Bastrop for the day to hang out at his parent's ranch. Later that night we saw "Old Dogs" at the movies in the Quarry Market. It was a pretty funny movie and we had fun walking around and getting ice cream nearby.
Saturday my mom, me, and Jackie went to downtown San Antonio for some sightseeing. We went to the Menger hotel, the Alamo, and got a horse drawn carriage ride around downtown! I
had never done that before and it was really awesome. We got to see a lot of neat stuff. We ate dinner on the Riverwalk at Rainforest cafe and then walked around to see the Christmas lights on the river. It was beautiful!
had never done that before and it was really awesome. We got to see a lot of neat stuff. We ate dinner on the Riverwalk at Rainforest cafe and then walked around to see the Christmas lights on the river. It was beautiful!Sunday we went to church and Jackie finished up the baby blanket she had started crocheting for the baby. It is super cute! I need to take a picture of it to post online. Baby Gardiner sure is lucky to have all of these people who care about him!
Sunday evening we decorated the Christmas tree at my parent's house with Pat and Melanie. I love decorating the Christmas tree. It is one of my most favorite traditions. We always have lots of funny stories that we recall--things we did as kids, funny moments, etc. Dad always tries to taunt me by putting his UT ornaments front and center on the tree, haha.I am so glad we had such a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving break. I really needed it! I have been so stressed out and tired lately. Now I just have to muster up enough energy to finish the
final project for my master's program, and then I will be done! I'll get a little breather before the baby comes. I can't wait to graduate and then get to see our little guy!
final project for my master's program, and then I will be done! I'll get a little breather before the baby comes. I can't wait to graduate and then get to see our little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment