Monday, September 6, 2010

Pat & Melanie's Wedding

My brother got married on July 17, 2010. It was a beautiful day and a touching ceremony. Here are several pictures of the big day and the preceding events:

Melanie's Bridal Shower


Baby Grant stole her heart!


There were lots of cute gifts and fun games with friends and family!


Bachelorette Party at the Magic Time Machine

Melanie also had to try to answer questions about her husband to be. If she didn't get the answers right, she had to put another piece of gum in her mouth! LOL!


We played several fun games, one where Melanie has to complete a funny "to do" list. Here she is proclaiming her love to the salad car.

Getting Ready


Melanie asked both my sister and I to be bridesmaids in the ceremony. I was honored that she would want us to be a part of her special day, and Karyn and I were both so excited.

This was my first time ever to be a bridesmaid. I was a little unsure of what to do so I'm sure I probably wasn't all that helpful to the bride!


I watched my brother's reaction as he saw Melanie walking towards him. I heard him whisper "Wow" when he saw her!

So in love!

They wrote their own vows and it was so special getting to hear them say such heartfelt things to each other.

I don't think I've ever heard my brother express his feelings that way before. You could tell that they both have a deep and sincere love for each other. I think everyone was tearing up!

It's Official: They're MARRIED!









Karyn and I gave a toast. We started it off with, "Most of you probably know us as Pat's ANNOYING little sisters!" haha. We wished them well and recalled how we and hoped and prayed for so long that Pat could fins someone special-and we are SO HAPPY that he has! We love Melanie!

Dancing with my daddy


We were all so happy that my grandparents could come!


What a fun & exciting year for my parents-full of great changes!


Grant was so happy to get to see Kate!


We were able to see lots of family and friends we hadn't seen in a while. It was a joyful occasion.


The cake was awesome! It was so cute watching Pat & Melanie enjoy every minute of their big day!


Off they go to enjoy married life. Congrats again!!!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Congrats!!! They are such a cute couple! She will be such a great aunt for Grant!