"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
~The United States Declaration of Independence
~The United States Declaration of Independence
We had a really awesome 4th of July! That morning we went to a pancake breakfast at Church and ate yummy food with friends, sang patriotic songs, and said the Pledge of Allegiance. I love the 4th of July. It is one of my favorite holidays. I love celebrating America and all of the freedoms we are blessed with. It is a pleasure to recognize our country's independence.
That evening my sister came into town to visit and we all went downtown to the Texas State Aquarium to watch the fireworks over Corpus Christi Bay. We just became members of the Aquarium so we were able to attend the event for free! We ended up getting great seats, thanks to some friends that we ran into who happened to be there too. We were right near the edge of the water with a perfect view of the USS Lexington (where the fireworks were being shot from). We ate snacks and had fun laughing and talking while waiting for the fireworks to start.











It was so beautiful! It looked like the fireworks were coming right at us and they were huge! Of course pictures could never do it justice. Real life stuff just can't compare to any kind of TV or movies! It felt so nice to be enjoying the outdoors.

Grant stared at the fireworks for about 10 seconds and then started crying. We were trying to clap and say "yay" to make him realize it was a happy and good thing instead of scary...haha. I'm sure we looked way cool while we were doing that. I think the loudness scared him.


So we passed him around until he felt comforted and then he sat in daddy's lap and quietly watched the rest of the fireworks in amazement.


I loved seeing his expressions. He started getting this cute little grin and gleam in his eyes during the show. I probably watched Grant more than the fireworks! His reaction made me so happy. I love experiencing life through his eyes, it makes everything so much more beautiful and special.


Of course he did not let go of his car the entire time! I love his little quirks. :)
Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!
"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more."
~John Adams, in a letter to his wife Abigail
~John Adams, in a letter to his wife Abigail
1 comment:
Happy 4th of July!!! I love that Grant was so fascinated! So cute!!! It's funny babies' reactions- JJ didn't care one way or the other if the fireworks were going - as long as she didn't have to sit still to watch them. She wanted to keep walking around exploring. Cute photos!!!
Post a Comment