Wednesday, October 17, 2012

We have survived 3 weeks!

Thomas is now 3 weeks old and I'm happy to say we've survived being on our own for a little while now.  It was very scary for me to be in charge of two babies by myself all day and it has been challenging, but not as hard as I thought.

Having two kids, especially with one as a newborn, is MUCH busier than it was with just one toddler.  Grant could take care of a lot of his own needs and entertain himself a lot.  Now he is a little more clingy and it's hard to get him to not yell and poke the baby and wake him up.  He also has been extra stubborn with what his eating habits (which has been an ongoing struggle anyway), so that has taken a lot of my mental energy.  Thomas has gotten a little more clingy, too, wanting to be held a lot.  I've been using wraps and slings to carry him around for part of the day so that I can still do things while keeping him close and happy.

Basically I go back and forth between them a lot and the hardest times are when they both need something, and both end up crying LOUDLY at the same time.  Sometimes I cry too, haha.  There are also MANY more diaper changes with Thomas now.  This kid poops a lot!  Literally almost every single diaper has poop in it.  They aren't huge or overly stinky, but still- it gets old.  I can't wait to potty train Grant, but he's still not showing enough interest for me to think he's ready.  Hopefully not too much longer, though.

My house is always messy.  I am back to being able to get the dishes done every day, and maybe ONE other thing (load of laundry, clean one toilet, etc.), but that's it.  I had gotten into a really good cleaning schedule before Thomas was born and I wonder if I'll ever get there again.  So...if you want to feel better about your own messy house, just come over to mine and you won't feel so bad anymore. ;)  It's a public service that I provide, raising the self esteem of others everywhere.

So my life is pretty exciting, isn't it?!

Luckily, I have these two cuties who keep me laughing and fill my heart up with love and fulfillment.  I wouldn't trade them or this life for anything.

Now for some pics.  I realize Grant never has pants on in any of the pics.  A lot of times he just runs away after I change his diaper before we can get them back on.  In these pics, it was right after his bath. :)


Thomas' first bath


Staring me down...


After his 2 week checkup.  He gained back his birthweight.


I think his eyes may be blue, but it is hard to tell.  Guess we will wait and see.


Grant is obsessed with these pumpkins.  They came on a strand of lights that I got for decoration, but he pulled them all off.  He took one with him to cuddle with in bed last night.


So grown up...big brother!


Daddy and his boys!


Grant decided he wanted to go on a trip.  He has been dragging this suitcase around everywhere last night and this morning.


My little snuggler.  He is so precious.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

You have such handsome boys!!! Im glad everything is going more smoothly with having two kids. In honestly scared to add another baby to the mix yet. Maybe when Mason is 2 and a little more independent. Make sure you post about your pinterest challenge! It will make you feel so productive each day! Which is so helpful on the days you feel like you got nothing done but nurse a baby and change diapers....it's the one thing I was consistent about each day because I HAD to (for my fans...ok, not really...for my own promise I made myself). So glad you're doing it! I'm doing a work out challenge this month (well half of this month and half of next month) I hope I stay consistent with that!!
Good luck!! You're such a great mommy! Love reading your blog!

Sale Fails said...

Thanks Deanna!

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad about letting the house go while you tend to your babies. They are only little for so long. I know that seems cliche but as my kids get older I am beginning to see how very true it is. Bekah is 4 months and we just now are in a good routine with feedings, diapers, school, and all the other mommy stuff I have to do. Keep up the hard work!

James & Kristen said...

Very true, Marissa!