Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Life Update

For those of you who we don't keep in contact with regularly, I thought I would make a post about what James and I have been doing for the past little while.

James is taking correspondance classes from BYU and plans to enroll somewhere in the Fall to pursue a degree in Finace. He is currently working at his brother in law's company, Capnor USA, doing computer modeling for laser scans of oil refineries.

I began graduate school at Texas A&M Corpus Christi this Spring, pursuing a Master in Business Administration. It's not the same as the good 'ol Fightin Texas Aggies in College Station, but the timing and the place was right for our situation. We both really love and miss College Station and our friends there. We hope to find our way back there someday, but it just didn't work out to live there right now. Hopefully we'll at least have some good football games to watch this Fall.

I am working at TAMUCC in the Graduate Studies department. I am the "business person" for the department...basically I handle all the money. There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes than I realized. I've learned all about awarding scholarships, how people are appointed assitantships, and have been able to use what I know about numbers and accounting to balance and maintain all of our accounts. Mostly I have learned that there are A LOT of rules in state organizations! It's hard to keep everything straight. But I have learned new skills at an accelerated rate while working here. It is very stressful; there is always something new that I need to learn and do, and always problems that need fixing. But it makes the day go by really fast and I am rarely bored. I have to admit, I like the paycheck! It is really nice having a 'real' job. A definite step up from the fast food industry...where, as many of you know, I resided for many years, haha.

So we have been pretty busy working and going to school. We also have a lot going on at church. I just got called to the Young Women's presidency as the 2nd Counselor. It is pretty fun working with the youth and getting to know them. But pretty much our only days we have to relax are the weekends. And then there are usually family events going on, grocery shopping that needs to be done, studying, bills that need to be paid, and THEN of course, trying to go on a date and have fun together!

I am excited about this weekend. We are having a "newlywed barbeque" at James' parents house. I think it will be fun and hopefully we'll have something interesting to update about afterwards. :)

1 comment:

Tyler and Jess said...

KRISTEN! You probably hate me by now cuz I couldn't make it to the bridal shower or the wedding! But I found your BLOG! haha... weve got one to (aggiepains@blogspot.com) Ya'll wedding pics are amazing and you look beautiful!