We had a "Newlywed Barbeque" over the weekend at James' parent's house in Kingsville. It was pretty laid back, and we actually had a lot of fun. There was about 60 people there. It was fun to hang out with the sister-in-laws. I'm pretty lucky to be a part of a group that generally gets along really well. We have fun talking about our husbands and the family trends, haha. Hopefully there will be pictures coming soon.
Jill (sister-in-law) made a TON of brisket and potatoes for everyone to eat. It was soooooo good. We took home a bunch of leftovers that still taste delicious. James' mom made two cakes, an Italian creme cake and a chocolate cake...ALL FROM SCRATCH, including the icing. I was amazed! Plus she decorated them so they looked like professionally made cakes. It would be cool to be able to do that. With such a talented group of cooks and bakers...I feel a little out of place at times.
We also got some more gifts, which was really nice. It's actually pretty amazing when we think of all of the gifts we received. All of the wedding gifts really do help a newly married couple get started. I am very grateful for those that did send us gifts and/or thoughtful cards. We would never be able to afford all of the stuff we have on our own, at least not for a long time.
In other news...James went to the Jimmy Buffet concert in Houston last night with his brothers. It was the first night that we have spent apart since being married. I have to admit, it was a little scary being alone in our apartment. But I'm glad that he was able to go and have a good time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment