Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Weekend Fun

Well we have had a fun past few weekends. Two weekends ago James and I drove to College Station to attend a baby shower for Lesley and a wedding shower for my old roomie, Kim! We had so much fun. Of course James and the "guys" didn't attend the showers, haha. They did "guy things."

Lesley's baby shower was very cute. It was hosted by her sister and Anne. Everybody loved looking at all of the cute little girl clothes! By the way, Lesley just had her baby this past Saturday, and her name is Evelyn.

Kim's wedding shower was a lot of fun also. It was good to see her so happy and excited about getting married. I still can't believe sometimes how much things have changed in the past few years. I love reminiscing on how my life has come to be where it is now, and I am always reminded of my blessings as I visit old friends and see them take these wonderful steps in their lives. Here is a picture of the two of us (not a good one of me, but Kim looks great!)
While we were in town, James and I went to visit Brother's Park Pond. We used to always go there when we lived in College Station, especially when we first started dating. It was one of the first places James and I went together as a couple. It is so peaceful and beautiful there. I remember the first time he took me there...it was pitch black, and as he led me on the trail, I couldn't see a thing. I was worried he was going to do something bad to me, haha! I kept asking him, "WHY are you taking me back here? I don't like this!" That is my paranoid self. Of course nothing bad happened. It is one of our "special places." Here is a picture of James at the park.

This past weekend we kind of just hung out and relaxed! It was so nice to just chill. :)

No comments: