Monday, October 20, 2008

Flowers

Over the weekend, James got me this beautiful plant with pink flowers. Isn't he great? I'm not really sure what kind of plant it is, but it is very pretty. It makes our apartment feel more "homey."

I was just thinking the other day about how much flowers can really make your day seem to go better. As I was leaving my apartment a few days ago, I saw one of the prettiest flowers I have ever seen growing on a fence. I just thought how cool it is that God created little things like flowers just to brighten our day and make our world more beautiful. I am grateful for that.

I made a card and brought some flowers for my boss on National Boss' Day. It was awesome to see her reaction. She walked in and way saying what a bad day she was already having...and then she saw the flowers on her desk and got totally happy! It's amazing what something so small can do!

2 comments:

MBusse said...

When I was in college, the daffodils on campus always brightened my day. I began to notice in the mornings that they faced east, while I was walking to classes. At the end of the day, on my walk home after studying, they'd be facing west.

They always faced the sun. Great analogy.

Nefilinda said...

Thank you so much for your words!! You wrote a lot of things that I needed reminding about. I can't imagine what it would be like to not be able to hear Fernando's voice or see him for 2 entire years...I'm sure you and James are super duper happy now! :) Anyway, I just wanted to give you a big thanks for everything that you wrote. I really appreciate it. :)