Wednesday, June 9, 2010

4 months old!

Grant turned 4 months old on May 23, 2010.



I always say this, but I honestly can't believe how fast he is growing. Time is flying before my eyes and it is bittersweet. On the one hand, I am sad with each stage that ends. He is not a tiny newborn anymore. Every single day is the last time I will see him that little. But on the other hand, seeing him grow brings so much joy! Every new little thing he does is SO exciting. I wonder if parents feel this way with every single kid or just the first one. It is just so crazy that one day they cannot do something-and the next day they can! My baby is growing up right before my eyes.

The biggest change is that Grant has become a lot more coordinated, mobile, and vocal. Here are some highlights:

Grant likes:
  • BLANKETS! They are his favorite thing to play with, and can keep him entertained for a long time. He holds them, looks at them, tries to eat them, and tucks them slightly under his chin.

  • To be sitting up. We will sit him up on our laps or against a pillow and he is as happy as can be.

  • To kick his feet

  • Stuffed animals and toys. He will hold them in front of his face and stare at them, and also grab them and try to eat them.

  • To hold our hand/finger and try to put it in his mouth

  • To put things in his mouth (as if you couldn't tell that already!)



Grant dislikes...
  • Using his paci as often as he used to. He only likes it now when he is sleepy.

  • Going to sleep. He fights going to sleep so much! It is pretty funny.



Other milestones:
  • Grant is making more noises: happy shrieks, "talking" noises like bbbb, grrrr (kind of sounds like a growl, hehe), and wabamada sounds. It is so cute!

  • Grant can move himself. He rotates himself 180 degrees in a circle pattern within no time.

  • Rolls from side to side

  • Picks up feet and tries to kick toys

  • Can hold bottle of mama milk by himself



Here are some pictures of Grant's 4 month portraits that we got done!














We love you, Grant!

3 comments:

The Woodland's said...

What a cute baby you have! I love how you give updates and milestones that Grant has reached!

James & Kristen said...

Thanks Rachel!

Trina said...

He is so cute! It's crazy how fast he is growing! It's fun seeing all his new tricks every time we get together! I love hearing him talk to you!