First, my sister calls and tells me that she got Carrie Underwood tickets for my birthday. I was ecstatic! A few weeks later, I hear about a special pre-sale of George Strait tickets. I started thinking about how much effort James always puts into special days for me and how little I seem to do for him. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to do something really fun to surprise James for his birthday! So I went ahead and got 4 tickets because I knew they would sell out fast. James was excited to go to the concert and my sister and future sister in law came with us. We were far away but we had a GREAT time! It was a dynamite concert. We got to hear 4 awesome sets: Randy Rogers Band, Lee Ann Womack, REBA McEntire, and George Strait! It was 5 hours of nearly continuous, awesome music. I am so happy that we got to go. I love George, but Reba was my favorite, she ROCKS live!



Then me and my sis got AWESOME seats for Carrie Underwood-first row towards the middle/back side of the American Bank Center. We felt soooooo close! This is also one of the BEST concerts I have ever been to. After a semi-crappy opening band, we got to hear Craig Morgan sing some great songs. He put on an AWESOME show. I loved it! When Carrie came on, we were soooo excited! She is a dynamite live singer.

I couldn't believe how GREAT she sounded. She hit every note and you could clearly hear that it was 100% her live, real voice.

One of the most exciting parts was when she sang, "Country Roads," by John Denver. That song has a special place in my heart since I served my mission in West Virginia. She was lifted out across the audience in a blue truck and rode around in the air. She was literally right above us! It was awesome.

Thanks for a great night, sis!
No comments:
Post a Comment