Friday, February 11, 2011

The first and the last

December was a wonderful month. James graduated from TAMUCC with a BBA in Accounting, Cum Laude. I am so proud of him! He has worked so hard at accomplishing his goals and really figuring out what he wants to do and what he is interested in. He has worked very hard to get where he is and deserves to be recognized for that. When we first met, he had no clue what he wanted to do...and now he really has grown so much and is an excellent student with many good professional qualities! He has now started a Masters of Accountancy and plans to take the CPA exam after that.

It was also Grant's first Christmas! I was very excited for the holiday season this year because of that. I really wanted him to enjoy Christmas, even though he won't remember it. There is something about children that make Christmas so much more magical.

It is fun experiencing all the 'firsts' with him!





This was also the last Christmas that we spent with my Nana. She passed away in January and I am so glad we were able to spend some quality time with her over the holidays. We spent Christmas in San Antonio and went over to my grandparents' house on Christmas day. We had Christmas dinner together and talked and visited. They were very happy to see baby Grant and watch him play and laugh. I am so grateful that I have had my Nana in my life for so long and that I was able to be with her and tell her I loved her towards the end. She was a wonderful person and exceptional woman, and I hope that I can always remember all the joyful times we had together.


I love you, Nana!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Congrats James!!! We are so excited for you! So sorry about your Nana Kristen! We always think of you and "Nana's secret recipe you know how I roll. . . "