Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas traditions

So far James and I have gotten a real Christmas tree to decorate together. This is our 3rd Christmas as a married couple and I think it will be the best yet. Each year, we add a special ornament to our tree. This year, it is one that my mom got where we make Grant's handprint on clay and then bake it. It is right in the middle of the tree and I love it. It will be such a great thing to recall memories of him as a baby on his first Christmas.

We decorated the tree together and Grant was most interested in the lights. It smells and looks fantastic. I thought that he would be obsessed with the tree and try to yank stuff off and pull it down like he does with everything else. But actually, he has pretty much left it alone. It doesn't make sense, but I'll just count it as a blessing and not question it!



Another thing that has become a new favorite tradition is making graham cracker houses with our friends. We did it last year with the Vance's and Wilkinson's, when we all lived in the same apartment complex together. This year the Vance's hosted us and some other friends at their house and we did it again. It was fun with the babies there and our houses took on a college theme this year. We had so much fun and I hope to keep this as a tradition for years to come!

Anthony and Phil working on their houses...and all our houses in the early stages.
Lynette and Benson managed the house building :)
The Garretts proud of their creation
Finishing up our house...loved the pillars!

Here is most of the houses...a few left early so we couldn't get pics. Thanks for having us over!





No comments: